Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Chess Shirts and The New Year

Endgame will always have to fight against the public's perception of chess. And for that reason, I have spent an enormous amount of time and energy to make sure that Endgame Clothing blows that perception away.

It has been a lot of work getting to this point and, for the most part, I have loved every minute of it. But there were also times when I would think, "Chess shirts? Chess shirts?? What the fuck am I thinking?"

But for every set-back that popped up, there was an amazing victory. Here are just a few of the highlights from the past year...

1. Seeing the shirts printed for the first time. I knew they were going to look great, but I had no idea they would look and feel this great.

2. Grandmaster Var Akobian. Var has played chess all his life, all over the world and said he has never seen chess shirts like these. This really made me feel like I was on the right track.

3. Jeremy Popoff, the guitar player from Lit, agreeing to wear my shirts. Here is a guy who has sold millions of albums, played all over the world, and he rocks an Endgame t-shirt. I still can't believe it.

4. Just meeting a ton of great, talented people. Without all of the designers, programmers, models, photographers, etc., who helped me along the way, there is no way I would have been able to bring Endgame to life.



Play well,

John.

No comments: